Saturday, June 4, 2016

Off the deck...

So who's looking for an update from the deck?  Well, it's 112 degrees out there so you're going to have to let your imagination run wild and make up your own sights and sounds from the deck because I'/m blogging from the couch today!

I've got the A.C. on and I'm staying inside.  Maybe after dinner we'll venture outside, but not before then,  It tends to be hottest around here between 3 and 6 p.m.  It's about 1:30 right now and already 112, so we'll see how high it goes at peak.

I did go out this morning - to the grocery store.  It was just about 90 when I left, which wasn't bad.  That's the key, go out in the morning, or after dinner.  In the morning, the temps haven't gotten too high yet and in the evening, the sun is lower in the sky, so it's much more bearable,

I'm sure some people are wondering about the "dry heat."  I know plenty of people scoff at the term and will say "hot is hot" and that's true, but for me personally, I know that I HATED humidity.  And when it was 90+ degrees in Massachusetts with 85% humidity, I felt gross.  I felt like all I did was sweat.  I don't feel like that here.  I'm not going to tell you that Arizona is for everyone, but so far, we aren't having any regrets.




No comments:

Post a Comment