Monday, May 23, 2016

Hello from the Deck!

Good morning friends, family, complete strangers!  I bet some of you are wondering what this is all about.  Well, I'll tell you.

My husband and I recently moved over 2700 miles from New England to Arizona.  Our new apartment has a deck.  Our old one did not.  We love sitting out on the deck and just enjoying the Arizona weather (and knowing that our deck will never be covered with snow).  But we've also discovered that you can also see and hear many interesting things while sitting on the deck.

For instance, we can hear, but not see, someone who lives in the apartment complex next to ours.  This man makes all kinds of noises, whether he's yelling random things or just making noise.  There is an entire parking lot separating us, and a concrete wall, but his noises carry.  I wonder if he can hear us?  Maybe I don't really want to know.

We also see some interesting things happening in the parking lot.  Not much right now, unless you consider one of the neighbors taking out his trash to be interesting.  I'm also watching one of the maintenance men pick up trash from the lot.  For some reason, between Saturday night and yesterday, the visitor parking area became a dumping ground littered with fast food cups and plastic bottles.  (Ok, the neighbor with the trash just brought out a third bag.  That's a lot of trash!)

Maintenance is back in the little golf cart driving around.  I wonder if they'll let me take it for a ride?  Probably not.

So what do I do when I'm sitting on the deck?  Well, it's Monday morning.  The husband has gone off to work.  I don't have a new job yet.  (I'm working on it.  Don't judge.)  I'm actually doing laundry - the machine is just inside the door, and I'm painting my nails.  If I'm going to be living in AZ, that means lots of open-toed shoes and I need my toenails to look purdy!  So an at-home pedi is on the agenda for this morning.

We also like to sit out here and eat breakfast and sometimes lunch and/or dinner.  And we also read out here quite often.   It's completely shaded, so it's a nice place to sit.  Well, it wasn't so nice during that dust storm last week, but most of the time, it's really nice.

And thanks to my sister for suggesting that I start a blog about what we see from the deck.  Hopefully I can keep you entertained with my deck tales and not come across like a creepy, nosy neighbor.  Time will tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment